Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Living on Orcas Island

Today as I stood in the arena lunging Black Elk, I watched a pair of Eagles engaged in a mating dance. Their cry was completely different from what they normally sound like, and I stood watching them tumble and fall straight up above me, then over the marsh, up into the woods and back again. I thought this is why I live on Orcas!


And when I went to Coffelt's for eggs and saw these wonderful photo ops.  Wheelbarrows in a pile, shovels and pitch forks, a lake rimmed in pastels.



Perhaps it was the joy I felt when looking down the driveway and seeing Ken and Jay and Megan all digging holes for the yurt platform. Jay and Megan will have housing for the summer, our farm is growing.  Our neighbor, Dan had helped Ken design the platform it and then carved out a path lined with old logs with moss intact.


 Perhaps it was the felling of connection  I felt this afternoon I saw two friends who I helped find their homes on Orcas.  Jim had me over to talk about the market and how to prepare his house for sale. We brainstormed about his next tranisition and swapped a few tales.  Then I ran into Tom at the Post Office. He owns Deer Harbor Charters - and takes people whale watching. He had a fire in his home and yet was so happy with the changes he made with the home he   invite to stop by and see his remodel.  We chatted about his winter which he claimed was colder in Florida then here on Orcas!

 I think it was watching my grand-daughter, Trinity learn how to handle the wheelbarrow that made me happy to be on Orcas.

 Or maybe while watching her sleep...

Perhaps it was the long emails I got from a new friend assuring me that going virtual in our Real Estate Business will work just fine, and her warm invitation to join a oil painting class.

Lots to be thankful for; the beauty and the people and of course the gift of living on this very special Island.To see what kinds of properties are for sale on Orcas Island go to: www.orcasdreams.com


No comments:

Post a Comment